3.19.2010

Thinking About Work

Bonjour,

This blog has been created to exist as my journal for the duration of ENG 101. It is where I post random things related back to the classwork I am assigned. 

My work life has not been eventful. I have had several jobs of which were mostly internships which I gained through the alternative high school I attended. I work at Radio City Music Hall during the Christmas show and cater randomly, mostly vegetarian dishes. I don't necessarily have time for work due to my frequent escapades in creative activities/workshops. Though, I could be working but I refuse to tire myself more than I do now. I don't live alone and I don't support anyone so I don't necessarily have to worry about money. I also live more "green" than most people.

I am currently studying Fine Arts because I want to explore what my abilities are, along with strengthening my skills. I am not entirely sure what I want to commit to for a career in the future because I don't think that way; many interests but hard to choose just one. I love photography and have been a photographer since high school. I certainly plan to study it more to experiment with my ideas and personal style. As an artist I have experienced a wide range of personal challenges and achievements; bits of life which inspire and despair. These have contributed to my personal philosophy.  I always had an idea that I wanted to do something creative. This way I can feel useful and contempt with my life. I have an image of writing a novel, creating inventive designs for posters and album covers, exploring my talents in photography (fashion and personal), showing artwork in museums, being a professor of queer theory, creating books of short stories and illustrations or even directing films.

I have certain plans laid out for myself which include a lot of writing but ENG 101 is not a necessity for me (in terms of the credits I need & interest). I have strength in my writing along with wit. I only take it to explore further courses; those whose focus is poetry and foreign literature. This is one of the many basic credits I am taking with me when I transfer.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jordany - Great post. There are a lot of artistic groups and events at LaGuardia you might be interested in checking out - the Creative Writing Club, and a new Renassaince Club devoted to all the different arts. And if you haven't checked out the photography exhibit of portraits in B, you should definately do so. . .

    ReplyDelete